Urban Futures Inc. (UFI) is seeking an experienced professional interested in pursuing a growing career in the field of public finance. We have an opening for a Public Finance Division as a Principal Financial Advisor to assist with client management and new business development in our Orange office.
ABOUT THE FIRM
UFI is a leader in providing independent financial advice, management and consulting services to local, state, and regional government and non-profit clients. Our financial advisory firm provides bond pricing, debt management and financial consulting services to state and local governments. For the past 44 years, UFI has built a solid presence in California. We currently have roughly 25 employees in 3 locations across the State.
The applicant should have a superior understanding of the financial markets and/or municipal finance and experience working in or with the public sector.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Maintain existing relationships with financial advisory clients and develop new relationships to support growing business;
• Coordinate information flow between staff, clients, and UFI principals;
• Communicate with all internal staff on a regular basis;
• Present reports and other materials to clients at meetings, including financial analysis; and
• Analyze various options to come up with optimal solutions for our clients.
• Travel will be required.
Core qualifications, skills, and experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• At least 5 years of work experience, preferably in public sector/municipal finance, banking, financial services arena, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility.
• Candidate should be familiar with transactions including complex financial modeling and analysis using DBC, TM3, Bloomberg and Excel.
• Ability to think and act strategically while demonstrating flexibility when approaching complex situations and often uses creative methods/solutions to avoid conflicts and/or negative outcomes.
• Excellent communication skills. Develops effective written correspondence. Actively listens to others and conveys information clearly and concisely. Can make effective presentations and routine communications to smaller audiences. Excellent listener.
• Outstanding teamwork and project management skills with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to operate in a team environment. Acts as a valuable, collaborative team player, willing to take on a variety of roles within a team including leader, follower, and facilitator. Actively promotes team success and encourages others to contribute to the greater good.
• Demonstrates unwavering integrity and instills confidence in others.
• Desire to improve processes, take initiative and solve problems.
• Strong quantitative, problem solving and analytical skills
• Detail oriented with strong organization skills.
• Passion for driving results and delivering constructive change.
• Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong client service skills are required for this position: excellent writing skills and effective personal communication skills are a must.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary, incentive / bonus potential, and a comprehensive benefits package. UFI also offers participation in a profit sharing and 401K program.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, click here and submit your resume / cover letter. Please reference this position and specifying compensation history / requirements. You can also email the above-mentioned items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UFI is an equal opportunity employer.