Michael P. Busch joined Urban Futures following a successful career in municipal government. Mr. Busch is the firm owner and serves as the Chief Executive Officer managing day-to-day operations. Mr. Busch’s background consists primarily of Assistant and Deputy City Manager, Chief Financial Officer and Project Manager positions. As such, he has extensive experience in Strategic Planning, Municipal Finance, Economic Development and project implementation. Under his current role and a municipal advisor, Mr. Busch has assisted dozens of agencies with the issuance of over $2 billion in tax exempt debt offerings and implementation of several economic development and infrastructure projects. Because of his unique experience in the public and private sector, Mr. Busch utilizes his experience in the areas of municipal finance and management to assist client agencies with the successful development and implementation of capital planning, developer negotiations, fiscal restructuring and forecasting, as well as capital project implementation.
In addition to the above, Mr. Busch served as adjunct faculty for the University of Southern California Price School of Public Policy.
KEY PROJECTS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS INCLUDE:
- Financial Advisor for the City of San Bernardino Bankruptcy Restructuring
- Financial Advisor to the California Communities Total Road Improvement Program and the Delinquency Property Tax Funding Program
- Recently served as Financial Advisor to the Cities of San Bernardino, Santa Ana, Lake Elsinore, Commerce, Azusa, Monrovia, Pomona, Santa Fe Springs, Millbrae and Coachella issuing bonds totaling over $1 Billion
- Prepared Budget Stabilization and Resiliency Plans for the Cities of Maywood, Adelanto, Desert Hot Springs, Rohnert Park and most recently Beaumont
B. A., Urban and Regional Planning – California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
M.P.A., (Finance and Public Works emphasis) – California State University, Long Beach
- California Society of Municipal Finance Officers (CSMFO)
- Past President – Municipal Management Association of Southern California (MMASC)
- Past Chair – Cal-ICMA
- Past Secretary / Treasurer – California Utility Executive Management Association (CUEMA)
- Member – International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
- Executive Board Member – Boys and Girls Club of Coachella Valley